These are 15 of my (current) favorite toddler snacks. Enjoy!
- Tuna Fish mixed with Mayo on Crackers or Pretzel Thins. Top with Sliced Tomato.
- Homemade Fries (peel and slice 3 potatoes. Put into large plastic baggie and add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Shake until well covered and then place on a foil covered baking sheet. Add garlic powder and salt to taste. Cook at 350 degrees for about 40 min or until browned.)
- Cauliflower or Zucchini Bites. Douse veggie of your choice in Mayo, cover in Bread Crumbs and roast in oven at 400 degrees until they are brown and you can easily stick a fork through. I made Cauliflower Bites a few nights ago and boy were they yummy!
- Dried Vegetable Chips (we buy these at Brookshire’s. They can also be found at Sprouts and Wholefoods). My 20 month old LOVES these.
- Homemade Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are a healthy but yummy treat! Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Ingredients: 1 C Quick-Cooking Oats, 1 1/4 C Whole Wheat Flour, 1/2 C Turbinado, 1 tsp Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp Salt, 1 egg, 1/2 C Milk, 1/3 C Vegetable Oil, 1 C Fresh Blueberries. Directions: Mix dry and wet ingredients separately and combine. Fill Muffin tins 3/4 full and bake 22 to 25 minutes or until browned.
- Dried Fruit i.e. Raisins, Mango, Kiwi, Cranberries or Plums (great when child is constipated).
- Cheddar Ducks (an organic alternative to Goldfish. We buy ours at Brookshires).
- Hummus and Pita Chips. Nom nom nom! Mama likes this one too. 😉
- Ants on a Log (peanut butter and raisins on a piece of celery)
- Frozen PB and Banana Bites (Peanut Butter sandwiched between thin slices of Banana and placed in freezer).
- Whole Grain Cereal. These two Kashi cereals are perfect for Toddlers…
- Kidney (or any other kind of) Beans mixed with melted Cheddar Cheese.
- DIY Yogurt Bites: Spoon small portions of Yogurt (we use Stonyfield’s Yo Baby) onto a baking sheet and freeze. They don’t necessarily look appetizing but little man likes them anyway.
- Try putting pieces of Fruit and/or Veggies on skewers…instantly becomes more appealing.
- Honey Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas (Mix a 15 ounce can of chickpeas, 1 TBSP Honey, ½ TBSP Olive Oil, ½ Tsp Cinnamon and 1/8 tsp salt together and bake in oven at 375 degrees for 45 min.).